Monday, April 23, 2007

Thank you Messiah Baptist family

I'd like to give a BIG thank you to our Messiah Baptist Church family. I had the joy of visiting with the MBC family this weekend in Wake Forest, NC. The timing could not have been more perfect since I was able to visit with these wonderful friends of ours on both Saturday night and Sunday morning.

After moving to South Asia back in October, we greatly missed our friends at MBC. This weekend I was reminded once again why this is the case. Even though Alice and I have been gone from Wake Forest for nearly a year, we still feel knit to the MBC family. We are much more than still members of MBC, we still feel part of the family.

Thank you all so much for encouraging me, and for allowing me to share with you what God has done in our lives since we moved overseas. I look forward to another visit in about a month. Alice and our three kids cannot wait to see you all.

After visiting with you all, I was reminded of one of Alan's favorite passages: "And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near." Hebrews 10:24-25

No comments: