Monday, April 2, 2007

God's beauty displayed in His creation

I love this time of year in South Georgia. The various flowering plants are in full bloom. The pollen is not kind on the sinuses, but the colorful splendor of God's creation makes it worth it. Even though all of God's creation has suffered because of Adam and Eve's fall in the garden (see Romans 8:19-23), our Father still blesses us with beauty. This is a small example of His common grace.

I recently went on a walk through our neighborhood with my daughter Caroline. We took some pictures of different plants: azalea, wisteria, palm, etc. We continue to be amazed at the variety in shape, size, and color. Imagine what the plant life will look like in the New Heaven and New Earth! We serve a God of beauty, and He graciously shares this with us every day.

Psalm 27:4 says, "One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple."

We couldn't help but take a lot of pictures. I can't place them all on this blog, but will be sharing some of them with you in two segments. Enjoy the first part below:











No comments: