Friday, April 20, 2007

My Excellent Wife

"An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life." Proverbs 31:10-12

I have found an excellent wife. Rather, God has blessed me with an excellent wife.

Today, we celebrate Alice's birthday. I thank God for her for so many reasons. First, Alice is a woman who loves the Lord and serves Him with her whole heart. She is not perfect (who is?), but strives to serve God and others before herself. Second, Alice is a wonderful wife and mother. She sacrifices for our family each day. Third, Alice is incredibly talented in so many areas. This is good for many reasons; one of these is that it keeps me very humble.

She is also quite a blogger herself. Take a look at Thinking as a Woman.

I thank God for her. If God in His wonderful grace provides it, I look forward to many years ahead with my Proverbs 31 wife.

2 comments:

chandra said...

HI Eric! I wish you many wonderful years with your wonderful wife as well. She is amazing and such a great Godly example for the rest of us. You have been blessed for sure! Happy Birthday to Alice and Happy celebrating to you!
Chandra

Alice C. said...

Eric--I love you so much! Thanks for being a wonderful husband. I tried to leave a comment on here yesterday, but you must not have gotten it.
You are such a blessing to me!