Thursday, July 3, 2008

God's Beauty in Watkins Glen

For the past week or so my family has been vacationing in New York State (not city). I'm surviving, but it's not easy. To see photos of their current adventures in the North, click here.

When we have gone on family vacations in the past to New York State, we have frequently visited Watkins Glen State Park. "The Glen" is a narrow gorge that has been cut out of the rock by a stream to create amazing formations.

I'm always astounded when I see beautiful nature spots because it gives a tiny glimpse into the beauty of the One who created it - God Himself. When I am overcome by the splendor of His nature, I have to wonder what He will be like when we see Him face-to-face.

I'm including several photos from Watkins Glen that I took about two years ago. Our kids look younger, but the glen looks the same today. Some of the pictures almost look unreal, like something out of a Lord of the Rings movie. I enjoy these because they make me think of my Creator.












No comments: