Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Helpful Links - Part I - Theology

As I have looked around the internet, I have stumbled across various websites that have been helpful to me. I'm going to be posting about these sites in the hopes that some of them will help you also. I do not necessarily agree with all that is said at these sites, but in general I like what I see.

The sites range across a variety of topics. Today's focus on theology. You may know about all of these already; if any are of assistance to you, then I'll be pleased.

The first seven I mention here are the ministry sites of seven current-day heroes of mine:

Desiring God - This is essentially John Piper's ministry site. One of the best aspects of this particular site is the essays written by Dr. Piper about various life issues. Click here for the DG blog.

Grace to You - John MacArthur's website offers a variety of resources. The best part is probably his sermons.

Ligonier Ministries - Is a Baptist allowed to have a Presbyterian hero? You bet. The best aspect of R. C. Sproul's ministry is his view of the absolute sovereignty of God. Check out the new Ligonier blog by clicking here.

IX Marks - Mark Dever is one of those rare guys who is Reformed, Baptist, and a pastor. Thank God for the few who exist in the SBC (although the number is growing). The IX Marks Ministry offers many good resources related to the church.

Ravi Zacharias - Since he is one of the leading apologists in the United States, it is no surprise that this is the theme of this site. The radio broadcasts are particularly worth listening to.

Sovereign Grace - C.J. Mahaney leads this ministry. The Sovereign Grace website says, "Sovereign Grace Ministries is a family of churches passionate about the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are devoted to planting and supporting local churches, with a strong doctrinal basis that is evangelical, Reformed, and charismatic." That sounds good to me. Click here for their blog.

Truth for Life - Alistair Begg may be my favorite preacher in the world. Go to this site to be blessed by Pastor Begg's excellent exposition of the word.


Although not ministries of current heroes of mine, these sites still offer helpful theological information:

Monergism - The best aspect of this site is the wide variety of theological articles and essays from a Reformed perspective.

Oneplace.com - This site is the best location I have found for downloading sermons from many great preachers.

Puritan's Mind - You'll find a wealth of Reformation/Presbyterian resources at this location.


If you know about other helpful theology-related sites, please share with us.

2 comments:

00 said...

Eric:

I always enjoy when people have posts like this on their blog. Even though I differ with you on theology (you're a Calvinist, I'm not), I still really like this post...I think that I actually might like it more/find it more helpful b/c we DON'T have the same theology...this way I can find out more about Calvinism, and not just TULIP, but I can find out more about how it's really applied in the world (if that makes sense).

Eric said...

Rhea,

I'm glad you found this post helpful. I plan to gradually do about 5 more of them in the next few weeks.

I agree that it is good to be exposed to ideas that are different from our own. I too like reading about ideas that I don't necessarily agree with. It stretches us and makes us think; that is a good thing.

Eric