Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Change in Blog Emphasis

This blog came into being about a year and a half ago while my son was undergoing chemotherapy treatments for Lymphoma, and we had no idea what we were supposed to do next with our lives.

God has shown us much since that time. First, He has healed Bobby of cancer. For this we give the Lord much praise! Second, God has told us to remain in the Savannah, GA area instead of returning overseas. While this was somewhat difficult to accept at first, we certainly believe it is for the best since it is what God wants. Third, God has given me the wonderful opportunity to serve as pastor of Chevis Oaks Baptist Church just outside Savannah. Our family is thrilled to be able to invest our lives in the Chevis Oaks family.

As for Hammer and Nail, I'm going to somewhat change the emphasis of this blog. Up to this point, the subject matter has kind of been all over the place. My goal is narrow the parameters of what I will be discussing. Although I will still write about issues such as homeschooling, family, history, politics, etc., my primary focus will be more upon pastoral ministry as it relates to the church. This will range from theological discussions and biblical interpretation to preaching and pastoral care.

My hope is that this blog can benefit the readers in the area of discipleship as a whole. I realize that the best form of discipleship is when followers of Jesus share their lives together. This is obviously difficult to do in the world of the internet. However, I believe that through discussions of this sort we can all (including myself) encourage one another to grow closer to Christ. As Ephesians 4:15 says, "but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head -- Christ." This is an excellent goal for us all.

No comments: